UPDATE: FACE MASKS REQUIRED – August 30th, 2021
With the indoor mask requirement for the State of Illinois now in effect (as of August 30th), Windy City Curling is again requiring masks to be worn inside our club.
All members, regardless of their vaccination status, must wear a mask on the ice, in the warm room, and in the locker room. Normal curling game play and sweeping rules will remain in place and unchanged.
The WCC board continues to request that if you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or are feeling unwell, please refrain from coming to the club.
If you have any questions about this update please reach out to the board at email@example.com
- Violations of the COVID Safety Procedures will result in membership termination
- DO NOT come to the facility if you are exhibiting COVID symptoms.
- All participants are required to sign a waiver acknowledging you have read and will comply with the COVID Safety Procedures
- Masks are required at all times, in all spaces, except when eating or drinking during broomstacking.
- The league coordinator will record the curlers who attended each draw.
- Club equipment will be available on request at the bar and will be sanitized after each use if you are uncomfortable sharing equipment on your sheet.
- Masks are required on the ice during game play.
- Please try to maintain social distancing and limit physical contact as best as you are able/comfortable.
- There are no other changes to game play or sweeping rules at this time.
- Bar will be open and drinks served.
- Social distance while ordering is encouraged.
- Masks may be removed to eat and drink once you are seated at your designated table.
- An increased cleaning schedule has been implemented at the facility.
- All tables, chairs and bar tops are disinfected after each draw.
- Door handles of the facility, bathrooms, and entrances to the ice house are disinfected after each draw.
- Rocks will be disinfected after each draw.
Private Events & Learn 2 Curls
- A minimum of one hour will be allotted for cleaning after any non-league activities and scheduled leagues.
- WC3 & CCC requires all participants to sign a waiver stating they will follow all safety procedures set forth and will not hold WC3 or CCC responsible for any medical issues that may arise.
Positive Test Result Reporting
- If you test positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of being at the club, please notify the board by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting a board member directly.
- The board will protect your privacy and anonymity. It WILL NOT disclose the name of any persons contracting COVID-19.
- The board will notify other members of a positive result that may have exposed them to the virus after identifying the draw(s) where they may have been exposed.
- Players on the same sheet will receive a phone notification from the board.
- The club will close and be fully cleaned and sanitized before draws resume.
Return to Curling